Fancher Cemetery is on the north side of Fancher Road between Miller-Paul and Harlem Roads. There are three sections to the cemetery with the oldest nearest the road and the newest farthest away. A new section to the cemetery, the Barnhard Addition, has been added on the east side of the existing cemetery.
Fancher Cemetery contains the graves of the township’s first settlers, Benajah and Cassandra Cook, (Benajah a Revolutionary War veteran) and the graves of five additional Revolutionary War veterans. In 2019 an Ohio Historic Marker was erected honoring Revolutionary War veteran, Field Musician, Richard W. Thompson.
Fancher Cemetery contains the only zinc-clad grave stone in the township.
For a while the graves of War of 1812 veteran, Samuel Erwin, and Civil War veteran, Henry Robbins were missing. In 2014 Vicki Tieche supervised a Boy Scout Eagle project to find the four missing military burials in the township cemeteries. Using the old maps and records from 1947 and a lot of careful looking (and some shaving cream), we were able to identify two badly weathered stones as those of the two missing veterans in Fancher Cemetery – and for Samuel Erwin, his wife, and for Henry Robbins, his siblings. New pillow stones were cut and put in place beside the existing old stones so these burials are now easily found..